Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's the little things

One of my favorite parts of running a business is learning customer’s stories. When I remove myself from the back room where all the designing, businessing, worrying, plotting, planning, executing, and a million other things go on, and just talk to my customers I always remember it is one of the main reasons I do what I do.

For instance we had a woman come in last week who knew her purse was too small because the little flap on it hadn’t shut in years, but didn’t realize until she say a picture of herself at a big event, and couldn’t see anything but the red sheet of paper sticking out of her bulging bag. So she bought on of our hip hoppers, which was just a bit bigger.

Or over the weekend, we had a couple from Orcas island come in with a cutie pie baby in desperate need of a diaper bag, since dad’s pockets were bulging with sun hats, diapers, and other baby accessories. They picked one of our big new bags because it wasn’t so girly dad would be uncomfortable carrying it. Both James and I got to talk to them about living on Orcas Island, a place we just love and would love to move to some day.

Or the woman going to Europe over the summer in need of a great travel bag. Or the customers who already have one of our bags and come back for a second, third (Fourth!), or a gift. Or the customer who has to confirm me she is not a stalker (you know who you are!!!). I just love them all, and appreciate their support so much because it means I can do what I adore.

Still no pictures since the camera isn’t fixed yet. I haven’t had a chance to get to Costco yet, we’ve been so busy. Our newest employee Jamie is starting tomorrow, and we have a full week planned for her first day! I think she will be able to relieve a great deal of stress we’ve been feeling.

And finally, the website launch is tentatively scheduled for July 1st, right about the same time we move to our new location.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home