Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Only 48 Shopping Days Left Until Christmas!

Yes, this is how we think here. I am starting to get really panicky about the holiday rush, I can feel the Christmas rush just beginning.

As such, James and I ran around and did errands yesterday and Sunday to get ready. You know, things like I hate every piece of clothing in my closet, and struggle to find something to wear just about every single morning. So, I have done some serious clothes hunting the last couple days so that when it get crazy at Christmas I can just grab and go in the morning from my closet. And, I don’t have comfortable dressy, business shoes so we hit up the local shoe store yesterday in search of a pair of comfortable low, black heels I can wear all day for store sales and all evening for parties or extended holiday hours. Well, James found a pair of shoes, and I found a pair of boots. Not exactly what I was looking for but irresistible nonetheless. So, they are on order in black, and I went on zappos last night and ordered a pair of heels from the same company that were what I was looking for. Did I mention I ordered them last night at about 6:15pm and they will be here this morning, likely before noon. I love zappos.

We also went to Costco and bought more back stock shelving yesterday, and went searching for a new floor for the front of the shop (to no avail). The trip to Costco included a sweater (again with the freaking out about the clothes in the closet), a three-pack of Bing Crosby christmas cd’s, and the new Donald Trump book. Yes, Costco is super dangerous in the Christmas season…..

Andrea dutifully ran the shop while we were gone and then stayed late to help me with the window display. And by the way, in looking up her etsy store to put her link in here, I found a necklace I can’t live without. And some earrings. Oh dear, I know she is already freaking out about how little stock she has for Christmas.

So, 48 shopping days til Christmas! Yikes! More in the intriguing life of a small business during the Christmas season tomorrow! Oh look, zappos are here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

now I want shoes too. Hmm.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home