Thursday, October 05, 2006

What a day!

Shortly after my last post, I was doing one of my 65,000 daily laps around my cutting table, when all of a sudden: SNAP! And I can't see straight! I managed to catch my pinky toe on the leg of a stool. So, my toe went one way, and my foot went the other, and now I have a broken toe. I can't believe how much it hurts. So, here I am, limping around my studio! How fun.

Anyway. I have been productive, even though my toe has made me cranky, and my website has made me cranky. I am obviously not as amazing as my web designer, and am working on the challenge that is updating my site.

I did manage to get sewing some bags this morning to get ready for the trunk show. I even have proof:



And, I have managed to build a pretty good stack that just need topstitching:




And what is that in the front, you ask? A stack of old clothes? Why yes. I have started a new project: Sweater Bears. I am ready to admit to the world that I am making little stuffed toys from recycled sweaters. Some are acrylic, some are cotton, come are even cashmere. They just feel so unsophisticated next to the purses, but gosh they are cute!



The one on the left is Thomas, and the one on the right Amelia. Yes, they do all have names, and little tags that say what they like and what they don't. They'll soon be available in the shop, or I am starting an etsy.com store with them. Here they are in full view:



So, the moral of today is: "When the going gets tough, the tough make bears."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home