Friday, June 29, 2007

Phew!

We’re there! We’ve done it! Everything is now officially moved over to our new space. Now, I am not saying moved IN, it is just all out of the old space. We are actually all set up in the shop area, and everywhere else is functional, we just need to get everything organized and in place.

This move has taken way more out of me than I thought that it would. We have now officially moved Persnickity Designs four times in under a year. Yikes. We have at least a three year lease here, and I actually never ever want to move again.

Well, it is as wonderful as I thought it would be and then some. No, seriously. We have so much room that when we talk it echoes. Can you believe that? The downstairs is like 4 old shops, and the upstairs is the 5th shop, making it about 5 times larger.

The store-front area looks FANTASTIC, if I do say so myself. Everyone who has come in has commented on how good it looks. Jamie (our still somewhat new employee) and I took about 3 full days to set up the front. We also got a great set up in the display windows, and they look wonderful. It took about twice as much product to fill the new storefront compared to the old one, so I am very glad I decided to keep on the old line at this point.

We are going to have a big grand opening on July 14th to celebrate the new digs. We are even advertising in the Cascadia Weekly for it! This will be our first local ad. Make sure to mark it on your calendars, and come check out the new “grown up” Persnickity Designs.

Alright, that’s about all for now. I am still in such a daze from this whole experience, I think I am going to go home and go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home