Saturday, August 11, 2007

Gloomy Saturday Afternoon

Where did the sun go? It was out only shortly today, and now it is getting gloomier and gloomier. We are planning to go out and watch the Perseid meteor shower tonight. I hope it doesn’t get too cloudy to do that.

Whew! Saturdays in the shop are super busy! We had both the farmer’s market and La Bella Strada, Bellingham’s attempt at a street fair this weekend, so there are lots of people out and about. And we had three custom orders picked up today, and I always love to see people’s reactions. It makes me feel good.

I love to talk to all of our customers too, and find out more about where are bags go. One customer today is a nurse who spends three months in a location, and then moves on to another location. She just moved here from Hawaii, and will be moving on to Seattle in just a couple weeks. She bought a sash bag with extra scarves so that she can have one bag and match it to all of her outfits. And then there was the three year old purse addict who got to pick out bags for her two aunties’ birthdays tonight. I love it!

So, all in all it has been a great day, even if it is getting gloomier. We have two movies to watch to keep us up until the meteor shower tnoght. Oh boy, that means lots of knitting for me! Oh, have I mentioned I am hitting knitting big time all of a sudden? Yes, which means lots of new fall persnickity surprises in a knitting theme for you! Just wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home