Friday, October 13, 2006

Hullo!

I certainly haven't been getting many purses made this week- having James here has way sped up the process! So, I have been working on bears instead-which I thought was a bit of a waste of time until I found out today I got excepted to Allied Arts Holiday festival with the bears. I was already in with the bags, but now the bears too! Yay! So, production has begun in a big way with them- here are pieces lined up on the sewing machine




And some without faces



And, this morning, I got in halloween mode, and started decorating the shop, and giving bears halloween costumes






And yesterday, James was sent on a mission to take some fun bear photos for some new projects, and my etsy store. Here is one I thought was pretty cute




He was getting some pretty odd looks in the building, since he is 6'5", and carrying around bears and sticking them in the bushes, and taking pictures of them. But, you know, when he gets a camera in his hand, he is kind of cheesy



Ah, self portrait!

Otherwise, we put a bell in the shop on the door today, so we know when people come in. We are always in the back, and I think we miss some customers because they are quiet, and it is hard to see out. It was on the fritz earlier, and freaked some poor girl out. It just kept dinging, everywhere she went in the shop.

Also, I have finally found die cuts for my appliques. I hand cut each one right now, and the Jolly rogers take me FOREVER. So, today we did some research, and found the perfect machine. We are just waiting to get quotes on custom dies.

Today was the first really, truly, fall like day yet here. It was was completely foggy and chilly, and the fall color was beautiful on the way down here this morning. Having the shop, I am feeling more excitement for the halloween holiday, and fall in general, and christmas. I already have my theme planned for christmas, how embarrassing! I can't believe it is almost november though, so it really isn't that early. And, I haven't actually bought any decorations yet.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home