Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Exciting Times!

First of all, we have a visitor this week:



This is Dandy, and you'll get to see her if you come into the shop this week. She is sitting on my lap as I type.... We are dog sitting for my in-laws this week, and loving every minute of it! She is the perfect shop dog, and after some confusion yesterday, now just sits and sleeps all day.

Second, we have a new employee:



James is calling it "Pfaffy." We got it from a friend who makes clothes, and uses a pretty much only sergers and had this machine just taking up space in her studio. Check her amazing stuff out here: Texture I am so excited to have a second machine, and the other one is working again, at least for now.

I tried really, really hard to get tons done today because we are doing a trunk show in Snohomish this friday. It is at Inside Out. Their address is 115 Avenue A Snohomish, WA 98290, phone (360) 563-0767. It starts at 6pm. Here is what I started doing when I got here this morning:



And here is how it ended....



A pile of appliques glued down. Right, and that took me 6 hours today? Oh well. I did manage to get this up:



They are design boards with the spring line ideas all over them. I am changing everything up thoroughly for spring, how very exciting, but more on that later. I put cork boards above the computer so I can stare at them while I work. It is nice to spread my ideas all over the wall.

Off to dinner! Hopefully I'll be able to get my butt in gear and come back to the studio later and work a bit more.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home