Friday, November 10, 2006

How long has it been?!

Hello! Hello!

Oh man, I can't believe this week has come and gone already! The Christmas season will do that to a small business.

Thread was Sunday, and we met some really great people, and made some excellent connections. I was interviewed for "Biz Kids" on PBS. But, I don't think it airs until next December. But cool beans, I think I'll be on national tv!

Life in the studio has been busy. We are stocking up for Christmas, I am working on the spring line, and we are establishing a business plan to decide where we want to take this business. Well, when I write it down, it makes sense why I haven't posted in awhile!

So the new line, it is very exciting. It is pretty difference from now, and the only sneak peak I'll give you is this:



There is nothing on this planet that makes me happier than a bag of buttons. Well, maybe a couple things, but not much.

So, funny story. We use these long plexiglass rulers to cut straight lines and stuff. They are great, great tools, and lots of quilters use them to cut blocks and stuff. This is what they look like:




James and I were getting ready for Thread on Saturday ( the day we worked to about 1 in the morning which we haven't done in months) and he waved this ruler at me because I was being a smart ass. I looked up in the window in front of my sewing machine, and noticed his mouth open and eyes wide behind me. When I turned around, the ruler was in two pieces on the table. I have had that particular ruler for about 2 and a half years, and others for longer, and never seen any of them break. Well, this one broke, and James freaked out. It really wasn't a big deal, and we had a good laugh about it. Strangest thing, breaking like that. Anyway, I was joking with him later and whapped him on the arm with one of the broken pieces. Guess what, ruler broke again! How weird, two times in one day. So, this is what it looked like by Saturday evening:



Oh well, we had some good hysterical laughter, that we totally needed.

Ok, off to grocery shopping and dinner! Have a lovely evening! Find out more about our future plans in the next coming posts!

1 Comments:

Blogger emigre said...

Love your designs!

--Miss Gizmo
http://dgroups.lhj.com/lhjgadgets

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home